Welcome back to Festive Friday! This week there is a slight twist which I hope you’re going to enjoy – I am running a photography competition in conjunction with the Organic Milk Suppliers Cooperative and YOU have the chance to win £100 worth of John Lewis vouchers!
OMSCO are producing a no-nonsense guide to Christmas covering everything from food ideas and activities to do with children to money saving tips. Those of you who visit Thinly Spread regularly will know how much importance we attach to getting out and about with our children so I am delighted to have been asked to run a ‘Back to Basics Family Fun’ photo competition.
What is the Back to Basics Family Fun Photography Competition?
I want you to write a blog post featuring a photograph of your family getting off the sofa, away from the screens and venturing out and about to enjoy the festive season with family and friends. We’re looking for fun and original outdoor ideas and activities which will inspire and encourage all our readers to get outside.
They don’t have to be expensive or complicated, I want easy, fuss free, practical, quick, simple and no nonsense ideas which celebrate the festive season in the great outdoors!
It might be finding a giant see saw you can all fit on
It might be magical adventures in your nearest forest or building Santa’s sandcastles on the beach. It could be ice skating, taking a boat ride to see the Christmas lights, blowing steam off the top of hot chocolate and wrapping your hands around the cup to keep them warm or whispering a wish into the fire as you wait for the Santa Special to take you home – anything which will tempt us outside!
The Top Ten photos will all be featured on OMSCo’s website in their Christmas guide and one overall winner will be chosen to win that fabulous prize!
How Do You Enter Your Photo?
Once you have written your blog post pop your link on this week’s Festive Friday linky below. The linky is going to stay open for TWO WEEKS so you have plenty of time. If you already have a post with that perfect photo embedded in it, feel free to link that up and get the ball rolling!
Full terms and conditions are listed below the linky, do have a read through and if you could tweet the competition out it would make me very happy indeed!
I’m entering my Festive Family Photo to #win £100 John Lewis vouchers with @thinlyspread and the OMSCo, you can too! http://wp.me/p2jfsE-1Zz
Edited on 10th December 2012 to announce the winner…drumroll…the winner is NUMBER 22! Well done Mummy Limited! OMSCO loved all the entries and had a difficult time deciding on an overall winner so THANK YOU if you entered and very well done to Emily. Please email me your address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will pass it on to OMSCO who will send you your voucher!
How to Enter
1. The prize draw is open to individuals who are over 18 years of age and who are residents of the UK or Eire at the time of entering the prize draw, but not to employees of OMSCO, their families, its affiliates, any representatives or agents of those companies and anyone else who may be professionally involved with the promotion.
2. Entry to the competition is via http://thinlyspread.co.uk. Competition entries that are not relevant to the initial post by the Competition Host will not be considered. Only one entry per household is permitted. Incomplete and/or illegible data entry forms will be considered null and void.
3. Entrants must own the rights to the photograph they are posting and those that appear must consent to the use of it online.
4. Entrants must publish appropriate contact details on their blog or be contactable via their blog.
5. Entry to the competition will appear on http://thinlyspread.co.uk and will be open on 23/11/2012. The deadline to entries to the competition is 23:59:59 on 07/12/2012. No entries received before or after these respective dates will be considered.
6. Note: you can only enter ONE photograph to the competition – so if you take a selection and publish them, please make clear which of your photographs is your competition entry. If you don’t, your entry cannot be considered.
7. Winning competition entries will be selected based on how creative, attractive, engaging and relevant entrants’ images are and will appear on http://organicmilk.co.uk
8. The Competition Host and the Promoter will announce the competition winners no later than 13/12/2012. The joint decision of the Competition Host and Promoter is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
9. Winners will be required to sign a participation agreement providing their name and address and other details, to enable the Promoter to verify their prize entitlement and as a precondition for receiving the prize.
10. The prize consists of one £100 voucher for John Lewis, which will be supplied by the Promoter, who will contact the winner. Once the winner has confirmed their acceptance of the prize, their name will be published on http://organicmilk.co.uk and http://thinlyspread.co.uk.
11. No purchase necessary. The prize is not transferable. No cash or credit alternatives will be offered.
12. The Promoter will attempt to contact winners within 48 hours (excluding Bank Holidays and weekends) of the judge’s decision being made. If the Promoter cannot contact the winner within 48 hours while taking reasonable steps to do so, or if the winner is not eligible to accept the prize or fails to accept the prize within 48 hours of being contacted, the Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to award the prize to a substitute.
13. The prize will be sent to the winner within six weeks of the entry closing date. The prize can only be delivered to either a UK or Eire postal address. If the winner has moved outside of these locations before the prize is delivered, they shall no longer be eligible to receive the prize.
14. Neither the Competition Host nor the Promoter will accept responsibility for any lack of network coverage, operator or network error, or for any other reason beyond its control that impacts on an entrant’s ability to post a link to a blog, or which prevents a link to a blog from working.
15. Winners may be required to participate in reasonable PR.
16. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, or in the spirit of the promotion, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to accept an entry.
17. The Promoter’s decision is final in all matters pertaining to the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to vary or cancel the prize draw at any stage, if deemed necessary due to circumstances outside of their control.
19. Limitations of liability: neither the Promoter nor the Competition Host, nor any other promotional parties, assume any responsibility or liability for:
• Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion;
• Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet, or of the competition host websites or any combination thereof;
• Any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the promotion.
20. This promotion is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
21. The Promoter is OMSCo/Zone Ltd
This post is written in collaboration with OMSCo