Friday Finds – Spreading the Blog Love on St David’s Day!
Last week Ruth from DorkyMum published a list of posts she had read and wanted to share ‘Just Because’. It got me thinking and the thought that I thought was that blogland and its readers needed more of this. Blog posts recommended for reading just because we can – just because we want to – just because it makes us feel good as we spread a little blogger love. So I had a natter to Ruth and we had a chat with Becky and then we called out to Liz and we decided that every Friday one of us would put together a list of Friday Finds we had enjoyed reading recently and then, dear reader, we would share them willy nilly across the internet – spreading the blog love!
I was supposed to design a badge and I will, I promise, when I get a spare moment but it’s the love which matters most so here’s a bit of mine.
This week it is my turn. I would like to share the eclectic mix which finds its way into my life. Things which make me smile, inspire me or make me think.
- Victoria’s post ‘Disconnecting’ really made me nod my head. As we rush to keep up with the latest technology, as our children race ahead with gadgets, screens and a global interaction which wasn’t possible in my childhood, this is a timely and thought-provoking post.
- This post from Heather at Growing Spaces has stuck in my mind ever since I first read it two weeks ago. If you’re looking for some decoration inspiration you need only look as far as some of the illustrations in a good children’s book. Genius! I need Heather to come to my house and sort me out, I’m stuck in white and wood and it’s boring me to tears!
- I do like a craft blog and can be found drooling my way around Pinterest of an evening making plans for my poor unsuspecting children. This week I was very inspired by Kids Chaos who came up with an ingenious way of preserving children’s artwork. I absolutely love this and will be
forcing encouraging Bonus Boy to draw me a monster or two this weekend!
- With Mother’s Day fast approaching I am very taken with Emily’s latest project. I know my Mother in Law in particular would love this and I may well leave my laptop open on this page as a little hint for my family!
- For the bloggers among you, this Tumblr (pointed out to me by Carolin from Mummy Alarm) will have you nodding vigorously, laughing out loud and smiling ruefully. If you don’t blog it will mean nothing to you so pass along!
- Glosswatch’s inspired use of Playmobil to bring the history curriculum to life and to have a bit of a chat about Gove’s plans for it at the same time is a really good read. I have added it to my Gove is a fool and here’s stuff to prove it folder – what? You don’t have one?…if you have children and/or care about what’s going on in our schools you should!
- Lulastic and The Hippy Shake’s beautiful post about co-sleeping made me smile broadly. I do miss sharing our bed with little people and confess to being secretly rather pleased when Bonus Boy (now 7 years old!) slips in for a cuddle if he’s been woken by a dream.
- I can’t let this week’s list go past without giving a big shout out to Team Honk as it begins its ascent of Snowdon raising money for Comic Relief. They will be joined by a growing team of intrepid bloggers and I shall watch their progress from the comfort of my sofa! If you haven’t sponsored them yet please go to their Giving page and splash some cash!
So there you have it my list of ten things I have enjoyed reading this week…except there are only nine. This is where you come in! I would love if you could leave me a reading recommendation for the weekend!
Next week it’s Becky’s turn to share her Friday Finds, I hope she gets as much pleasure out of it as I have! Have a lovely weekend!
Image Credit ChIandra4U