Quick, QUICK! Grab the last of the English asparagus and make this avocado and asparagus salad! Doesn’t it look pretty in these Portmeirion Crazy Daisy Tea Cups?
With the crazy hot weather we’ve been having here in the UK this week I’ve been desperate to avoid too much cooking, I want things which take 5 minutes and I’m out of that kitchen! This lovely little salad takes 15 minutes to prep (at the most) and 5 minutes cooking time – hoorah! It is refreshing and summery, it makes a lovely starter or pile it onto plates with a selection of more substantial salads.
You don’t have to serve it in fancy cups, the radicchio leaves make lovely little bowls all by themselves – I’m very annoyed that I didn’t take a picture of them doing just that and will now have to make this again just to get that shot! Oh the hardship!
- 1 avocado
- 12 asparagus tips
- 4 radicchio leaves
- 4 handfuls of rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp capers , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp pine nuts , toasted
- a handful of fresh flat leaf parsley , chopped
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice, stir in the garlic, capers, pine nuts and parsley.
- Steam the asparagus tips for 3 minutes, drop into ice cold water, drain and pat dry.
- Peel and quarter the avocado and remove the stone. Slice each quarter thinly.
- Line 4 small bowls or cups with a radicchio leaf and a handful of rocket, top with the avocado slices and asparagus tips drizzled with the lemon and caper dressing.
And that’s it – super simple to put together and a celebration of summer flavours to burst in your mouth!