Chocolate Crispie Cakes are an absolute Must Do at Easter – if you don’t do anything else, make these! I know they’re simple and I’m probably telling you something you already know, but these are here for my children and for all those young people out there stepping out into the world who DON’T KNOW HOW TO MAKE A CRISPIE CAKE! Boy Two will shortly be heading off to Uni and he will need an armoury of useful recipes to hand, if you are about to fly the nest you need to know how to actually make nests don’t you?!
When I was at Uni my Mum’s friend used to send me food parcels which always contained a great big block of chocolate crispie cake – it made me VERY popular in Halls – imagine how much more popular I would have been if I had been able to whip up a batch at the drop of a hat!
These chocolate crispie cakes are for Easter so they need some mini eggs nestling on the nest and some little chicks making encouraging cheeps to encourage their fellows out of their eggs – or singing little Easter songs with their tiny beaks.
Look at him in this one, he’s really getting into the groove – he’s even tapping his little toes…
So, here you go…
How To Make Chocolate Crispie Cakes
- 125 g dark chocolate (yes, of course you can use milk chocolate if you really must)
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 125g Rice Krispies or other Puffed Rice Cereal (you’re smothering them in chocolate, it doesn’t matter which)
- paper cake cases
- Mini Eggs and Little Chicks to decorate
- Put everything except the cereal into a heat proof bowl over a pan of hot water until melted
- Stir in the cereal
- Share between paper cake cases and leave to cool
- Top with mini eggs and surround with a chick chorus
Simple, why not Pin this recipe so that you always have it to hand?
If this has put you in an Easter Baking sort of a mood, why not have a go at these too?!
or these utterly fabulous Aquafaba Meringue Mushrooms by Eat Healthy, Eat Happy!
Happy Easter to You and Yours From All of Us at Thinly Spread!