These easy orange marmalade muffins are perfect for breakfast with a cup of tea.
There is a special person in my life who loved Marmalade.
Whenever he came to stay I made sure I had a jar ready for his toast in the morning and I always wrapped one up for his Christmas hamper.
I wrote this Marmalade Muffins recipe just for him.
When I make them and the smell of baking and oranges permeates the house, I can almost see him.
It is a smell which promises warmth and comfort. It reaches into my heart and wraps its arms around me, just like he did.
The platter my marmalade muffins are sitting on in these photos was carved for me by Henry, my much missed, marmalade loving Father in Law.
Marmalade is not just for toast or for Paddington Bear’s sandwiches, it works really well in all manner of recipes.
In my marmalade breakfast muffins sweet orange marmalade is paired with bran for a filling start to the day.
Perfect with a cup of tea or a glass of orange juice and a welcome change to the breakfast routine.
This is dedicated to Henry with thanks for all that he was and all that he did, with all of my love.
If You Like Muffins You Might Also Like
- Ginger Muffins with Lemon Buttercream
- Chocolate Orange Muffins
- Savoury Vegan Full English Breakfast Muffins
- Double Chocolate Blackberry Muffins
- Rhubarb Crumble Muffins
- Apple Muffins
For the Marmalade Muffins
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 60 g butter diced
- 40 g bran flakes crumbled
- 75 g caster sugar
- finely grated rind of half an orange
- 75 g orange marmalade
- 1 egg
- 60 ml milk
For the Marmalade Syrup
- 2 tbsps orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F
- Line a 6 hole muffin tin with paper cases
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and rub the butter in with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Stir in the crumbled bran flakes, sugar and orange rind
- In a small bowl whisk the marmalade with the egg and the milk
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix to combine
- Share the mixture out fairly between the paper cases in your tin
- Bake for 20 minutes until risen and golden
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- Mix the marmalade and water together in cup and spoon onto the cooled muffins
And the memories come flooding in.