Creamy Vegan Curry
An easy midweek winter warmer made with Cypriot New Potatoes, Roasted Cauliflower, Tomatoes and Green Beans in a spicy coconut sauce.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 leek, trimmed and chopped
- 100 g Tesco Cypriot New Potatoes
- 1/2 cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered
- 30 g french beans, toped, tailed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp medium blend curry powder
- 1 vegetable stock cube I used Kallo
- 1/2 can coconut milk I used full fat
- 1/2 cup water
- chopped chillis and naan bread to serve
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
Drizzle 1 tbsp of the sunflower oil into a baking tray, add a good pinch of cumin seeds and the cauliflower florets and roast in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes until just beginning to brown.
Heat the rest of the sunflower oil in a large, heavy bottomed, frying pan.
Add the chopped leeks, cover and fry for 5 minutes until soft.
Add the ginger and garlic and fry gently for a further minute.
Add the rest of the cumin seeds, the coriander, paprika, curry powder, turmeric and the cinnamon stick and fry for a few seconds until aromatic.
Add the potatoes and stir to cover with the spice mix.
Crumble in the stock cube, add the coconut milk and water and cook for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
Add the tomatoes, the beans and the roasted cauliflower, stir and cook, covered for a further 5 minutes until the beans are cooked. Add more water if the sauce is too dry.
Serve, topped with chopped red chilli and warm naan bread on the side.