Celeriac and Apple Soup
A seasonally simple, tasty and warming 6 ingredient soup perfect for winter!
- 1 onion (about 100g) peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 500 g celeriac, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 easting apple (about 100g), peeled, cored and chopped
- 800 ml - 1 litre light vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper to taste
- a little chilli oil to serve (optional)
Gently fry the onion in the sunflower oil until soft, add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
Add the celeriac, apple and 800ml of the stock, bring to a boil and simmer gently for 10 - 15 minutes until the celeriac and apple are soft.
Blend until smooth, add salt and pepper to taste. Add more stock if the soup is too thick for your tastes.
Serve with a swirl of chilli oil and soft white rolls.