Avocado and Asparagus Salad
Servings 4 as a side or starter
- 1 avocado
- 12 asparagus tips
- 4 radicchio leaves
- 4 handfuls of rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp capers , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp pine nuts , toasted
- a handful of fresh flat leaf parsley , chopped
Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice, stir in the garlic, capers, pine nuts and parsley.
Steam the asparagus tips for 3 minutes, drop into ice cold water, drain and pat dry.
Peel and quarter the avocado and remove the stone. Slice each quarter thinly.
Line 4 small bowls or cups with a radicchio leaf and a handful of rocket, top with the avocado slices and asparagus tips drizzled with the lemon and caper dressing.