Pea Pesto with Spaghetti
A super speedy pea pesto, fresh and herby and delicious with pasta!
Servings 4 people
For the Pea Pesto
- 1 cup of frozen peas thawed
- 1 cup fresh basil be generous, squash it in, you can’t really have too much basil!
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 300 g spaghetti pasta
- 6 sun dried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped
- 6 spring onions scallions trimmed and sliced
- a handful of baby spinach leaves per person or salad leaves of your choice
- black pepper
Place all the ingredients for the pesto (start with 1/2 cup of oil) into a blender and blend until smooth, taste and adjust seasoning to taste – add more oil if it is too thick.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
Add the pasta to the water and cook according to instructions on the pack – usually about 12 minutes – until al dente.
Drain, return to the pan, pour in the pesto and toss until well combined.
Place a handful of spinach leaves into 4 pasta bowls, top with spaghetti and sprinkle with sun dried tomatoes and spring onions.
Grind some black pepper over the top and serve!