Homemade Parsnip Crisps
A simple recipe for homemade salt and pepper parsnip crisps.
- 1 large parsnip
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp sea salt crystals or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 150C/300F
Peel the parsnip into thin strips using a mandolin or swivel head vegetable peeler
Toss the parsnips strips in a bowl with the oil, salt and pepper
Lay the strips in a single layer on baking sheets
Bake in the preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes checking regularly
Remove as soon as they are browned (see notes) and cool on a wire rack.
- The strips of parsnip need to be separate on the tray. Any overlap stops the cooking being even and can result in burnt bits or soggy bits.
- Cooking time will depend on how thin or thick your strips are and how hot your oven is. All ovens are different.
- Keep a close eye on them and whip them out when they are browned. You may need to take some fast cookers off the tray and return their slower companions to the oven for a few minutes.
Nutritional information is only an approximate guideline. Calculations will vary according to the ingredients you use and your cooking methods.
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 585mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg