Champagne Cork Craft – How to Make a Lighthouse Keyring
You will need
- A Champagne cork (or Prosecco/Cheap Fizz, let’s not be precious about this!)
- Acrylic paints
- Strong sticky tape (we used blue insulation tape)
- A keyring ring
- A drill
- Drill a hole through your cork from top to bottom (adult help will be needed for younger children).
- Thread your cork onto a piece of sturdy string. This can be tricky, we attached the end of our string to a piece of wire with sticky tape and then pushed the wire though, pulling the string along behind it like a needle and thread!
- Tie a knot at one end of your string.
- Pass the other end through your keyring ring and secure in place with strong tape.
- Paint your cork with white acrylic paint and allow to dry.
- Paint blue (or red) stripes onto your cork and allow to dry.
- Add windows and a door, you could even add a helipad on top too!
For more Cork Craft Ideas have a look at
Liz’s gorgeous Fairy Toadstools
Maggie’s Cork Knights – unbearably cute!
Pop to Liz (again! – So Creative!) for her Chinese New Year Firecracker
And AGAIN for her Mini Beasts and Simple Boats!