How to Grow Cress Creatures!
You will need a long egg box (the ones which hold a dozen eggs), a plastic bag, cotton wool, scissors, cress seeds, pom poms, googly eyes, a pipe cleaner, glue
- Cut the top off your egg box
- Cut the top off the sticky up spikes so that it will lie flat when you turn it upside down
- Turn it upside down!
- Line the holes with pieces of cut up plastic bag (or cling film). This is really important as the egg box will dry out too quickly if you don’t and your cress won’t grow!
- Pop a ball of cotton wool on top of the plastic
- Get a willing helper to decorate the egg box. This time it was a caterpillar but, in the past, we have made monsters, dragons, hedgehogs etc.
- Add a face and some pipe cleaner antennae
- Water the cotton wool and sprinkle liberally with cress seeds
- Keep moist and you should see sprouts within a few days and be able to chop it and eat it within a couple of weeks!
Isn’t he glorious?! I love his wonky face where the water has washed off his lippy. Bonus Boy is looking forward to scalping him later and eating him in an egg and cress sandwich!
You can watch the full hangout and see everyone’s wonderful ideas here!