Roasted Red Pepper Dip Tips
Both dips are really easy to make and are packed with flavour. The Roasted Pepper Dip uses jarred red peppers making it a cinch to run up if you’re in a hurry – if you’re not, feel free to roast them yourself in a hot oven until they’re charred, pop them in a covered bowl and peel the skin off when they are cold.
Don’t be put off at the thought of a whole bulb of garlic here, it really works and is utterly delicious! Roasting the garlic makes it much sweeter and gentler. You won’t be breathing fire, I promise!
My lot are always starving when they get in from school/work/clubs and bowls of chips and vegetable sticks with a delicious dip or two make a fab treat to tide them over. It also keeps them in the kitchen long enough for them to tell me about their day and to offload any stuff they need to talk about.
I’ve paired my dips with some chips from the Market Deli range. Market Deli offer a collection of potato and pita chips flavoured with authentic deli ingredients and can be found in delicatessens across Europe and the UK. I designed my double dips to complement the flavours in their Pita Chips with Roasted Garlic and Mediterranean Herbs, which are suitable for vegans, but they would go just as well with many of the other flavours in the range.
I like the contrasting colours when I place both dips in the same bowl but feel free to serve them separately if that is your wont! I haven’t added any salt as I think they are flavourful enough without and, as I was partnering them with pita chips, I didn’t feel they needed any but do taste and add some if you like!
Roasted Pepper Dip with Smooth Guacamole
For The Roasted Pepper Dip
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1 roast red pepper from a jar
- 6 walnut halves dry roasted in a small pan and then roughly ground
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
For The Smooth Guacamole
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 spring onions diced
- 1 red chilli diced (I use a mild chilli here to avoid complaints but if you like it fiery use a hot one to taste)
To Make Roasted Pepper Dip
- Split your garlic head into individual cloves and roast on a baking tray in a preheated oven at 180Cf/350F or about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Peel the skins off the garlic, pop into a blender/food processor with the rest of the ingredients except the walnuts and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the walnuts and serve.
To Make Smooth Guacamole
- Place the avocado and lemon juice in a blender/food processor and blend until smooth
- Stir in the onions and chilli and serve
The Market Deli range includes seven flavours, I’m particularly taken with Cornish Mature Cheddar, Sweet Chilli with Dorset Sour Cream and, of course the Roasted Garlic with Mediterranean Herbs I used alongside my recipe! You can buy the promotional packs in supermarkets including Waitrose, Sainsbury’s Tesco and Co-op until the end of May RRP £2.19 (This offer is only available on sharing packs)
Try my roasted red pepper dip with my Easy Vegan Falafels or serve it up with some Vegan Tapas Dishes. It goes really well with these Vegan Carrot Fritters or you could give it a twist and use it as a sauce atop my Green Lentil Burgers.
Sponsored: This post was completed as part of a paid campaign for Market Deli and Foodies100.