This Pineapple Smoothie Recipe is so simple it hardly merits the word ‘recipe’ at all – it took moments to make and vanished in seconds – it all happened so fast I’m beginning to wonder if I imagined it. Lucky I took a photograph or two as evidence really, isn’t it?!
The beauty of this recipe is that it uses all the flesh of a juicy pineapple, including the core, which means they get a good dose of all the nutrients this magnificent fruit has to offer! Pineapple is an excellent source of immune system boosting vitamin C and contains bromelain, an enzyme which eases inflammation – useful for my old joints! But, best of all, it’s sweet and tasty and needs absolutely nothing adding to it!
Simple Smoothie Recipes - An Easy Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 cup water
- 6 ice cubes
- 500 g (2.25 cups) peeled pineapple, roughly choped core and all
- Pour water into a high speed blender
- Add ice cubes and pineapple.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add more water if liked.
- Pour into glasses or fancy bottles with paper straws.