One Pot Mexican Quinoa
An easy one pot meal which can be jazzed up by adding chopped avocado, shredded lettuce and warm tortillas to wrap it all in!
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic diced
- 1 red chilli diced (remove the seeds if you have sensitive palates)
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and drained
- 1 tin black beans drained (I can only find these in cartons at the moment, no idea why!)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin sweetcorn drained (if I’m at home I make this with frozen corn and use one cup)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in your pan and fry the onion gently for about 10 minutes until softened and beginning to brown.
Add the garlic, fresh chilli, paprika, chilli powder and cumin and fry gently for another 2 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients, stir, bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the quinoa is cooked.