Vegan Thai Green Curry
A vegan Thai Green Curry full of rich flavours and heat. It is fragrant, creamy, spicy and utterly delicious!
For The Thai Green Curry Paste
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped.
- 2 shallots peeled and roughly chopped.
- 2 sticks fresh lemongrass trimmed, tough outer layer peeled off, inner core roughly chopped.
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander you need a great big handful!
- 2-4 green chillies roughly chopped, seeds removed for less heat if required.
- 3 cm piece of fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped.
- 1 tsp ground cumin seed
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nori flakes or 1 sheet nori, crumbled.
- 1 tsp lime juice
For The Veg
- 300 g butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 g sugar snap peas
- 100 g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms sliced, stalks removed
For The Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400 ml can full fat coconut milk
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 lime - juiced
Cook The Vegetables
Preheat oven to 200C/390F
Toss the prepared squash in 1 tbsp oil and roast for 30 - 40 minutes until browning and fork soft.
Steam the green vegetables until just cooked. Cool under cold running water.
To Make The Vegan Thai Green Curry Paste
Peel and roughly chop the garlic, ginger, shallots and lemongrass.
Roughly chop the chillis (remove seeds first for a milder curry) and the fresh coriander.
Add to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and pulse to a paste.
Make The Sauce
Fry the sliced shiitake mushrooms and spring onions in 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes.
Add the curry paste and fry for a further 5 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
Add the coconut milk and stock along with the lime leaves and lime juice.
Bring to a simmer and bubble away for 10 minutes until reduced slightly.
Nutritional information is only an approximate guideline. Calculations will vary according to the ingredients you use and your cooking methods.
For further tips and tricks, storage instructions and recipe suggestions please see the post above this recipe card.
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Sodium: 927mg | Potassium: 783mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 9005IU | Vitamin C: 66mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 7mg