I know Easter is a while off yet but we were in the mood for a bit of Springtime at the weekend and an Easter craft seemed to fit the bill (pun intended).
I like the way mine is looking a little afraid and his is looking a bit wicked!
To Make Easter Chicks
You will need
- 1 sheet of yellow funky foamor cardboard for the body
- 1 sheet of orange cardboard for the feet
- googly eyes
- a little bit of orange funky foam for the beak (if you’re using cardboard you will already have plenty!)
- Draw around an egg cup on the yellow funky foam or cardboard – he discovered that you don’t actually need to do this for the foam, you can just press down and the egg cup leaves a print
- Cut around the circle
- Cut a triangle of orange foam or cardboard for a beak and stick it on with glue – or, if you’re Bonus Boy, decide that glue just won’t cut it and come up with a self crafted peg instead
- Snip off the top of the peg if you’re going for the emergent engineer option
- Stick on a googly eye
- Cut the feet out of orange cardboard
- You can download the template here as a PDF : Chick feet template fold the cardboard up where you see the dotted line and pop your chick on top!