This Chocolate Tiffin is the simplest no bake vegan fridge cake! It is an easy dairy free recipe which is sweet, crunchy, chewy and buttery, just as a Tiffin should be.
Most recipes for chocolate tiffin call for a thick chocolate topping which is also delicious and easy to add but, for this recipe, I’ve left them with naked tops. It makes them even faster to make when you realise you’ve got nothing to offer the hungry hoards save for one black banana or a slice of stale bread! Yes, I have been that mother. Often.
How to Make Chocolate Tiffin
This vegan fridge cake is so easy to make I’m almost embarrassed to call it a recipe! Simply melt the chocolate, syrup and butter together, crush the biscuits and then stir them, and the rest of the ingredients, into your melted chocolate gloop. Pop it into the fridge for an hour or so and, hey presto, tiffin!
You can make this tiffin in one bowl which means, when you’ve scraped the mixture into your tin, you only have one bowl to wash up! Just make sure you lick it first to make sure your flavourings were right – cook’s perks!
If you are one of my lovely American readers and are wondering why on earth I am putting biscuits in my chocolate fridge cake, I haven’t completely lost the plot! In the UK we call cookies biscuits and (just to be contrary) we call biscuits scones! I’ve used digestive biscuits here because I found vegan friendly ones in the supermarket when I was making my no bake chocolate tart and I had some left over!
Vegan Fridge Cake Gift Ideas
Chocolate Tiffin is great for teacher gifts, cake sales and hampers at any time of year.
- For all the flavours of Christmas add a few cranberries, use ginger biscuits instead of digestives, chuck in some nuts and half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Drizzle with white icing and pop a strawberry on top for Summer fêtes.
- Pile them up and stick a sparkler in the top for Bonfire Night, Halloween or birthday parties.
- At Easter top them with some pretty edible flowers or a few mini vegan chocolate eggs.
Looking for More Vegan Sweet Treats? Try My:
- Cornish Fairings – fabulous ginger biscuits
- No Bake Chocolate Tart
- Easy Flapjack
- Chocolate Orange Muffins
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Cinder Toffee
- Chocolate or Lemon Fork Biscuits
For even more vegan treats follow my Vegan Treats Pinterest Board.
Chocolate Tiffin - A No Bake Easy Vegan Fridge Cake
- 200 g vegan dark chocolate
- 100 g vegan margarine
- 75 ml golden syrup
- 125 g crumbled vegan digestive biscuits (cookies/graham crackers)
- 125 g rice krispies (puffed rice cereal)
- 100 g raisins
- Put the biscuits into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Line a 20cm (8 inch) square tin with baking parchment.
- Gently melt the chocolate, margarine and syrup together in a large pan, remove from heat.
- Stir in the crushed biscuits, rice krispies and raisins.
- Spoon the mixture into your prepared tin and press down.
- Chill for 2 hours. Cut and serve.
Pin This Vegan Fridge Cake For Later