Wild Rice and Asparagus Salad with Sumac Dressing and Lemon Thyme
- 150 g (2/3 cup) mixed wild rice and basmati rice
- 75 g (1/3 cup) shelled broad beans (fresh or frozen)
- 100 g (1/2 cup) fine beans, topped and tailed
- 75 g (1/3 cup) asparagus, woody ends snapped off
- 25 g (1/8 cup) lemon thyme, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp hazelnut oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 11/2 tsp sumac
- Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and refresh under cold running water, slip the outer skins off.
- Steam the asparagus and fine beans for 5 minutes or until fork tender, refresh under cold running water.
- Cook the rice in a large pan of boiling water for 20-25 minutes until just tender (or according to packet instructions) drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Place the rice in a large bowl, add the beans, asparagus, lemon thyme and salt and pepper to taste, stir gently to combine.
- Whisk or blend the ingredients for the dressing thoroughly and pour into a small bowl.
- Serve the rice salad with the dressing on the side for people to help themselves.
Happy Bank Holiday Weekend to you my lovelies, I hope the sun shines where you are!
If you like this Wild Rice and Asparagus Salad, Pin It For Later!