With the crazy hot weather we’ve been having here in the UK this week I’ve been desperate to avoid too much cooking, I want things which take 5 minutes and I’m out of that kitchen! This lovely little salad takes 15 minutes to prep (at the most) and 5 minutes cooking time – hoorah! It is refreshing and summery, it makes a lovely starter or pile it onto plates with a selection of more substantial salads.
You don’t have to serve it in fancy cups, the radicchio leaves make lovely little bowls all by themselves – I’m very annoyed that I didn’t take a picture of them doing just that and will now have to make this again just to get that shot! Oh the hardship!
- 1 avocado
- 12 asparagus tips
- 4 radicchio leaves
- 4 handfuls of rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp capers , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp pine nuts , toasted
- a handful of fresh flat leaf parsley , chopped
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice, stir in the garlic, capers, pine nuts and parsley.
- Steam the asparagus tips for 3 minutes, drop into ice cold water, drain and pat dry.
- Peel and quarter the avocado and remove the stone. Slice each quarter thinly.
- Line 4 small bowls or cups with a radicchio leaf and a handful of rocket, top with the avocado slices and asparagus tips drizzled with the lemon and caper dressing.
And that’s it – super simple to put together and a celebration of summer flavours to burst in your mouth!